Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Aide in the rescue of any American Eskimo Dog in need.
- Find permanent homes for every Eskie in our care. Not to place them with just every person who simply wants an American Eskimo Dog.
- Provide breed specific and general education to current and potential owners.
- Provide support to any owner for the entire life span of their Eskie.
- Protect American Eskimo Dogs from abuse and cruelty.
- Function as a responsible rescue organization that will provide safe shelter, health care, socialization and a new life with the proper placement into a respectable forever home.
Chicagoland Eskie Rescue, specializing in American Eskimo Dog Rescue & Re-Homing was established in January of 2008. The rescue is a recognized 501(c)(3)Non-Profit Organization that is made up entirely of volunteers who are dedicated to provide shelter, care, vetting and an adoption program for abandoned and relinquished American Eskimo Dogs.
All of the dogs we foster are in private homes. Chicagoland Eskie Rescue does not have a shelter. Without foster homes we will not survive.
Our adoptable Eskies come from many avenues. Some surrendered by owners, other from shelters across the United Sates. More frequently we are acquiring them from Puppy Mill Auctions or Puppy Mill closures.
Through our foster program our Eskies are placed in temporary homes where their personality, temperament and levels of training are evaluated. We match our adoptable American Eskimo Dogs with applications that come into the rescue. Applicants are carefully screened and a home visit is done. We want for this to be the Eskie's forever home. If for some reason it does not work out the dog must be returned to our rescue.
All American Eskimo Dogs are fully vetted, micro-chipped and are on Heartworm and Flea/Tick Preventatives. They come with a new collar, leash and ID Tag to their new home.